It is also called Patnam Pakora. It is a very tasty, crispy outside and soft inside snack.
· Rice flour: 1Cup
Bengal gram flour: 1 Cup
· Ghee: 6 tsp
· Cooking soda: a pinch
· Finely cut Onions: ¼ cup
· Finely cut curry leaves: little
· Finely cut cashew nuts: 1 Tbsp
· Green chilies: 2 (cut finely)
· Finely cut ginger: 1 tsp (optional)
· Red Chili Powder: ½ tsp.
· Edible oil: To deep fry
· Salt: to taste
Method of preparation:
· Rub ghee with a pinch of soda on a flat plate until frothy.
· Mix both the flours with that evenly.
· Add salt, chili powder and mix well.
· Mix finely cut onions, green chilies, ginger, curry leaves, cashew nuts with that.
· Sprinkle very little water until it holds. (Like bondas batter)
· Prepare balls and deep fry in hot oil until crisp.
Serve hot with chutney.