Kezhvaragu murukku / Keppai maavu murukku
· Ragi flour (Keppai maavu) - 1 cup
· Gram flour (kadalai maavu,
Bengal gram flour, chickpea flour, garbanzo flour, chana dal flour, or besan) - 1 cup
· Rice flour (arisi maavu)- 1/4 cup
· Cumin seeds (seerakam, jeerakam, Jira, Jeera , Zira) - 1 tsp
· Pepper powder (milaku thool) – a little
· Chili powder (milakai podi) – a little
· Edible oil for deep frying
· Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
· Mix all the ingredients (except oil) in a bowl.
· Add water and knead to get dough.
· Heat oil in a pan.
· Fill the murukku mold (a machine for making murukku) with a part of the dough.
· Press the dough in the machine so as to be squeezed over the hot oil.
· While getting fried, we can see air bubbles emerge out from oil.
· When the bubbles stop coming out of murukku being fried, remove from oil and collect them oil free on an oil absorbing paper.
Preserve in an airtight container and enjoy eating this delicious crispy snack everyday.