- Cooked Basmati Rice : 2 cups
- Cashews roasted in ghee and split: 10
- Spring onions (scallion, salad onion, onion sticks, green shallots or green onion): 2 strings (finely chopped)
- Green chili: 1 (finely chopped)
- Ghee/Edible oil: 2 tsp
- Cinnamon: 1 stick
- Cloves: 1
- Bay leaves: 2
- Crushed Black pepper: 2 tsp
- Salt: to taste
Method of preparation:
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan, wok, iruppuch chatti,or kadai.
- Splutter cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves.
- Add spring onions, green chili
- Sauté for about two minutes.
- Add the cashews and the cooked rice, required salt, pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot with or without any desired gravy, curry, raitha, or kuzhambu.
(While purchasing spring onions, look for a bunch with crisp, green, firm leaves, and crisp, hard bulbs.)