Vegetable Bajji or Pakkoda
· Curry leaves- a few
· Chickpea flour (Gram flour,
Bengal gram flour, or Besan)
· Cumin seeds-a pinch
· Red chili powder-1/2 tsp
· Turmeric powder-a pinch
· Edible oil for deep frying
· Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
· Grate onion, potato, green chili, and carrot thin.
· Make a thick mixture of Chickpea flour and water.
· Add chili powder, salt turmeric and crushed cumin seeds (crushed).
· Stir well.
· Add the grated vegetables with curry leaves and stir.
· Heat oil in a thick pan for deep frying.
· Put a small portion of the mixture in hot oil in different surface areas (not together) in small quantities for deep frying until light brown. Remove from oil, and drain by placing on a tissue paper.
· Repeat deep frying till all the mixture is used.
· Serve hot with chutney, thuvaiyal, thokku, sambar, pickle, sauce, or ketchup.