- Gram flour: 1 cup
- Rice flour: 1/4 cup
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cooking soda: 1 Pinch
- Plantain (Raw banana): 1 or 2 according to size
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
- Make a thick batter of gram flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and cooking soda.
- Peel the skin of raw bananas with the help of a knife and make thin slices lengthwise.
- Dip the slices one by one in the gram flour batter and deep fry them in hot oil till the appearance of brown color.
- Serve hot with or without chutney, pickle or thokku.