Vendanpatti, Veguppatti, Velangudi, Vairavankoil and Pillaiyarpatti special.
Method of preparation
- Wash and soak 1 cup of raw rice ( Pachcharisi / Kachcha Chawal) and 1/6 cup of Black gram (Uluntham paruppu / Urad dal) in water for about an hour.
- Drain the water.
- Finely grind to obtain batter.
- Add water little by little while grinding to get Dosai batter consistency.
- Add salt as per requirement at the last stage of grinding.
- Transfer the batter to a vessel.
- Heat three cups of oil in a deep pan (Iruppu chatti / Wok / Tawa)
- Pour the batter in the hot oil using a ladle (Soup Spoon).
- The batter will become flat and float on the oil.
- Turn to the other side so as to be cooked well equally on both the side.
- Remove this Vellai Paniyaram from the pan, drain the oil and keep it on a plate.
- Continue making Vellai Paniyarams and add them to plate.
- Serve hot with tomato chutney (Thakkali thuvaiyal).