- Ragi: 200 gm
- Rice: 100 gm
- Black gram (Urad dal / Ulundham paruppu): 100 gm
- Fenugreek (Methi / Vendhayam): 2 tsp
- Curd (yogurt): 50 gm
- Salt to taste
- Clean ragi thoroughly and soak overnight.
- Also soak the black gram, rice and fenugreek overnight.
- Grind them separately and mix them together.
- Add salt, curd and keep for 5 to 6 hours for fermentation.
- Grease (apply edible oil) idli plates and pour the ragi batter.
- Cook in pressure cooker without using whistle or cook in idli cooker.
- Remove idlies using a spoon. (Same as making common idli).
- Serve hot with coconut chutney, Kuruma, puli kuzhambu or Kaara kuzhambu .