It is an excellent, easy to prepare, delicious chettinadu / chettinad sweet dish or dessert.
- Raw rice (pacharisi / colam rice / kachcha chawal): ¼ azhakku (approx 60 ml)
- Black gram (uluttham paruppu / urad dal): ½ azhakku (approx 125 ml)
Split green gram (pasipparuppu / moong dal wash): 2 azhakku (approx 500 ml)
- Jaggery (vellam / gud): 500 gm
- Ghee (nei): 200 gm
- Roast the rice, black gram and green gram separately.
- Mix them together and grind to fine flour.
- Sift with the help of a sieve and keep aside.
- Take the jaggery in a vessel.
- Add a little water.
- Heat a little till the jaggery dissolves and filter.
- Mix this with the flour.
- Make up the consistency like that of dosai batter.
- Now, heat it slowly by adding ghee gradually.
- Cook till the appearance of shiny colour.
- Serve hot or cold.
Suitable to prepare during festivals and special family functions.