- Take a pressure cooker.
- Add 2 cups of washed raw rice, ½ cup of slightly roasted split green gram and 4 cups of water.
- Pressure cook till the contents become soft.
- Remove the lid.
- Add ½ cup of ghee, 5 cups of grated jaggery and 100 ml of milk.
- Stir and cook under low flame so as to get the contents thick.
- Add a tsp of cardamom powder, 10 each of fried cashew nuts and fried raisins.
- Mix well and serve hot or cold.
Raw rice – Colam rice / Pacharisi / Kachcha chaval
Split green gram – Pasipparuppu / Moong dal wash
Jaggery – Vellam / Gud
Cardamom – Elakkai / Elaichi
Cashew nut / Mundhiri paruppu / Khaju
Raisin - Kismis / Ular dhrakshai