- Soak 1 cup of urad dal (husked black gram, ulundham paruppu) for ½ an hour.
- Grind to a smooth paste and mix well with a tbsp of rice flour (arisi mavu) , 1/2 chopped onion, 1 chopped green chilli, 2 coarsely broken blackpepper, a handful of mixture of chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves and salt to taste.
- Shape into vadais of preferable size and deep fry.
- Put them in hot sambar.
- They float,absorb sambar, and become smooth and tasty Sambar vadais.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
- Take 1 litre of milk, ½ Kg of sugar & a handful of washed rice of your preference in a pressure cooker.
- Cook for one whistle and then for about 5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder and stir.
- Serve for 4.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Saturday, March 8, 2008
- Roast 1 cup of rava slowly until it gives an aroma.
- Allow it to cool.
- Grind it soft.
- Grind 1 cup of sugar into powder.
- Mix them with ½ tsp of cardamom powder.
- Fry qty 6 cashew nuts and qty 10 raisins (kismis) in ¼ cup of ghee and mix well with the powdered mixture of rava, sugar and cardamom.
- Make laddus (round balls).
- Add hot ghee if required to make laddus conveniently.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
- Cut required quantity of fruits like grapes, banana, papaya, orange, apple, pineapple, and dates.
- Boil some jaggery in a little milk and filter.
- Mix every thing slowly with preboiled cold milk and keep in refrigerator.
- Serve cold.