It is an easy to prepare dessert, also called Sago Pudding or Sabudana Kheer.
Pearl sago is called Javvarisi in Tamil.
· Javvarasi - ½ cup
· Sugar - 1 cup
· Milk - 1 cup
· Cardamom - 3 pods
· Cashew - 3
· Raisins - 6
· Ghee - 2 tbsp
Method of preparation:
· Fry the javvarasi in ghee until golden brown.
· Add ½ of cup water and stir continuously.
· When javvarasi is cooked, add sugar and stir till it melts.
· Remove from fire.
· Add boiled milk and powdered cardamom.
· Mix well.
· Fry cashews in the remaining ghee and add to the payasam.
Serve hot or cold.