A delicious medicinal soup from a native breed of chicken, prepared in Venthanpatti, Thekkur, Nerkuppai, Muraiyur, Surakkudi, Kozhikudippatti, Maruthippatti, Muthuchamypatti, Kalappur, Navinippatti areas, that cures common cold, cough, and fever. It is also called ‘Nattu koli rasam’.
It is a type of South Indian Desi Chicken soup. Hen or cock also becomes chicken after the preparation.
· Chicken pieces with bone: 1 lb
· Ginger and garlic mashed: 3 tsp
· Onion: ½ finely chopped
· Tomato: ½ finely chopped
· Grated coconut: 5 tsp
· Coriander powder: 1 tsp
· Cumin powder: 1 tsp
· Edible oil
· Fennel & mustard seeds for seasoning
· Black Pepper powder to taste
· Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
· Clean and wash chicken pieces and cut them into cubes. Cut the bones into halves.
· Heat 4 tsp of oil in a pan.
· Add onions along with fennel, mustard seeds, salt and Sautee for few minutes until golden brown.
· Add the rest of the ingredients listed above and sauté for about 3 minutes in medium heat, until the chicken and all the curry powders are mixed and blended well.
· Add 3 cups of hot water and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes in low heat.
Serve hot with rice or simply drink hot.