Onion Fritter, Vengaaya Bajji, Pyaaz pakora, piyaz pakoras, vengaya pakkoda
- Onions: 2
- Rice flour: 2 tbsp
- Corn flour (chola maavu): 1tsp
- Gram flour (kadalai maavu, chickpea flour, garbanzo flour, or besan): 1tsp
- Chili powder: 1tsp
- Curry leaves: a few
- Edible oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
(Use 2 tsp of gram flour if not using corn flour)
Method of preparation:
- Slice the onions thin.
- Take a bowl, mix onions and salt.
- After sometime add chili powder and curry leaves.
- Mix well.
- Add gram flour, corn flour and rice flour and mix them well without adding water. (If water is added a little, we get non-crispy pakoda)
- Heat the edible oil in a pan, wok, iruppuch chatti, vaanali or kadai.
- Sprinkle the prepared mixture over hot oil.
- Fry till they become brown.
Serve this delicious and crispy Onion Pakoda hot with or without chutney (Thuvaiyal).