Poli or poly is a very delicious sweet dish liked by all. It’s nice to take it during tea time.
- Coconut: 1
- Jaggery: 300gm
Bengalgram: 200 gm
- Cardamom: 5
- All purpose flour (Maida): 300 gm
- Ghee: 100 gm
- Rice flour: 1 tsp
Method of preparation:
- Grate the coconut.
Bengalgram in water and cook it partially.
- Drain the water from half cooked
- Grind it with jaggery, grated coconut and cardamom. Add rice flour.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan.
- Add the ground item and stir well.
- Remove from flame.
- Prepare dough with all purpose flour.
- Make small balls of the dough and press evenly so as to obtain round chappati like soft discs.
Sandwichwith the ground paste (the paste is spread in between two soft, round chappaties and sealed by closing the ends properly).
- Cook under low flame on a flat pan by adding a little ghee around it.