It is called ‘Suvaiyana thakkali oorukai’ in Tamil.
- Tomato: 1 Kg
- Garlic: 150 gm
- Turmeric powder: As required
- Chili powder: As required
- Fenugreek powder (Methi): 1 tbsp
- Asafetida (Hing): a little
- Gingelly oil (sesame oil / edible oil / til ka tel): for sauté
- Mustard (Sarson / Rai): for sauté
- Salt: As required
Method of preparation:
- Wash tomatoes and dry them.
- Remove skin from garlic.
- Grind them together in a mixer.
- Add salt and mix.
- Pour this on a wide plate and keep under hot direct sunlight so as to get it dry like jam.
- Heat and stir this in a sauce pan (Kadhai).
- After some time add turmeric powder, chili powder, fenugreek powder (methi powder) and asafetida (hing).
- Stir and turn the stove off.
- Use another sauce pan for sauté and mix well.
To view this recipe both in English and in Tamil, Visit