- Roast and grind 100 gm each of Black gram (ulundam paruppu,urad dal), Bengal gram (kadalai paruppu,channa dal), 50 gm each of red chilli, white sesame and a few curry leaves, separately.
- Mix all with a little asafoetida (perungayam,hing) and required amount of salt.
- Store in air tight container.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
- Take 100 gms of nellikkai. (Also called peru nelli).
- Remove seeds.
- Grind with a green chilli, a little ginger (inji), garlic (poondu), salt and jaggery (vellam)(optional).
- Season with mustard seed (kaduku), jeeragam (jeera or cumin seed) and oil.
- Boil 100 gms of broken wheat with 100 ml of milk, a tablespoonful of coconut turnings (Tenkai thuruval) and a little water, till the broken wheat becomes soft.
- Add 50 gms of jaggery (vellam) and a pinch of cardamom powder.
- Boil further for 5 minutes.
- Serve for 5.
- Food is the basic need of life. Good health and fitness mainly depends on nutrition. We need enough nourishment to grow and to maintain our good health. The intake of food largely determines the health. I had a few chances to cook during my childhood, several chances when I was away from my family members. My wife prepares hygienically, tasty and nutritive food. I would like to highlight the recipes of my home.